What is laser cutting?
Fiber-optic laser cutting is used to achieve a precise cut and a high-quality result, and is an innovative technique increasingly used by companies nowadays.
The laser cutting technique involves using, on the sheet metal to be cut, a beam of radiation filtered by a lens; this leads the surface to overheating and, therefore, to melting. At the same time, a flow of gas coming from the base of the lens is used which, through a fluodynamic thrust, generates the actual cutting of the surface, according to the engraving that is to be obtained.
There are different types of laser cutting:
- inert gas;
- CO2 laser cutting;
- assisted oxygen;
- 2D laser cutting;
- 3D laser cutting.
Why are lasers used for cutting materials?
The advantages of a fibre-optic laser cutting service can be summarized as follows:
- extreme precision in cutting, which guarantees a quality result;
- low implantation costs, which makes it an ideal technique for the development of prototypes;
- possibility of treating metals on which it’s not possible to perform photoengraving;
- possibility to perform cuts on materials with high thickness, up to 3 mm for steel and 2 mm for brass.
How to do laser engraving?
Combination cutting is used in cases where we need to make a half engraving with our laser.
In these situations we use combination cutting, which encompasses the advantages of laser cutting and photochemical milling: first, we carry out the half engraving with the chemical photoengraving and then we complete the processing of the pieces with the laser, which guarantees absolute precision (up to 0.05 mm) thanks to the sophisticated optical centering system which guarantees making the two processes perfectly thrust together.
What materials can a laser cut?
How to make laser cut jewelry?
Through laser cutting we produce decorative components made of various metals for the jewelry industry.
Through our techniques we first make the half engravings and then we laser cut the piece. In this way we have the possibility to realize even small parts with precise cuts, which would not be possible with only photochemical milling.
How much does laser cutting metal cost?
The cost of laser cutting depends on several factors, which can be summarized as follows:
- material and thickness used to make the parts. The cost and the weight of the piece have a great influence on the final price: for example, the lower the thickness of the piece, the higher the speed of the laser, thus resulting in a lower price;
- the external perimeter and the internal slots of the piece to be cut: laser cutting has a cost calculated on an hourly basis, so the longer the perimeter to be cut, the more the piece will cost.
Contact us to get an accurate quotation.
Can you laser cut brass sheet?
Yes, we can use laser cutting on brass sheets starting from a minimum thickness of 0.40 mm up to a maximum of 3.00 mm.
Can you laser cut copper sheet?
Yes, we can use laser cutting on copper sheets starting from a minimum thickness of 0.40 mm up to a maximum of 1.50 mm.
Can you laser cut bronze?
Yes, we can use laser cutting on bronze sheets starting from a minimum thickness of 0.50 mm up to a maximum of 2.00 mm.
Can you laser cut stainless steel?
Yes, we can laser cut steel starting from a minimum thickness of 0.40 mm up to a maximum of 3.00 mm.
Can you laser cut titanium?
Yes, we can laser cut titanium starting from a minimum thickness of 0.40 mm up to a maximum of 1.20 mm.